Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Delight
There are simple things on this earth that just make its inhabitants happy. Each of us has our own little quirk. It's that thing that makes the corners of your mouth turn up even if no one else seems to notice. That thing that is just so you. For me, it is this blog. I always say, "my blog is the most me thing in the world." It is here that I write my thoughts exactly as they are in my head. I don't pretend to be anything that I'm not. I just write. Well for a minute I lost my zest. I felt like my blogs became dry and lacked their Ann Marie-ness. I think I'm over my blogging block now because I remembered that This Little Life of Mine is not about being read, it's about being written. (Kudos to you Sydney White fans). But it's true. I blog because I like to. Because it is a simple thing that makes me happy. Yesterday I came across something truly magnificent. It is called The Blogging Scholarship. It is a scholarship for up to 10,000 big ones just for keeping a blog. Requirements: Your blog must contain unique and interesting information about you and/or things you are passionate about. I have never wanted someone to give me money so bad. My blog is unique. Weirdly unique, but still. It contains interesting information about me and the things I am passionate about! And the best part about this scholarship is I don't have to write some pointless essay about why I deserve this scholarship. Nope, I just have to blog. It's my thing. I love it. Getting paid for being undeniably myself, can life get better? I submit that it cannot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment