Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A&A

Awkward:

- I fail at math when it comes time to add up miles and I'm tired.

- I had to plunge a clogged poopy toilet in the men's bathroom after the ward Christmas party.

- My comb fell in the toilet. Not the poopy plunged one. Actually a just barely cleaned one, so it was ok. But still too many awkward toilet moments in one weekend.

- I couldn't get the computer to work and after fighting with it for almost 20 minutes, Elder Sivley showed up and as soon as he touched it, it worked.

- Sister Henry informed me that we have leprosy. As in, people cross the street to avoid us when they see us coming.

- Sister Henry was joking about how funny it would be if the Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on our door and literally as soon as she said that our doorbell rang. We got all excited, but it turned out to be a lady selling "homemade" cheesecake, except that we already saw those cheesecakes at the store. Some people...

- Jimmie is a girl. And she tends to answer the door without pants on. Twice.

- Waking up in the middle of the night to my lamb saying I'm her new best friend. Jack gave it to me and when you squeeze her hoof she says charming things.

- We went to see a potential named Steve, but Steve wasn't there because his house was covered in a termite tent.

- Dog jumping up against my window while we were in the car praying before a lesson. I was saying it and I squealed.

- San Rafael Spanish Branch President getting into the car with me while Hermana Witt was backing me. I went into panic mode and before I could even think I opened the door and yelled, "Hermana Witt! Help! I'm alone in the car with a boy!" Yeah, my first date when I get home is likely to be a disaster...

- Elder Sivley is my District Leader and he told me that a few months ago he prayed for patience and Heavenly Father sent him me. Ouch, but it wasn't entirely uncalled for because I was being a little sassy and he was joking.

- The gas station attendant wouldn't believe that work at the pump even though I tried it 3 times. So he tried it and it didn't work. Told ya.

- The umbrella broke and we were locked out standing in the rain.


Awesome:

- Colton has been home from his mission for a few weeks and he still has to live by his planner.

- Elder Edwards started an Elder Judd quote wall and carries around sticky notes so he can write down the funny things that Elder Judd says.

- The Bodons sent me Bernard chocolates. Yum! Thank you!

- 3 miracle appointments the day that the Bilals dropped us. God does love His missionaries.

- When I was sad about the Bilals, Sister Henry started serenading me with "Count your many blessings."

- We knocked on a door that had unicorns etched in the glass. I was so excited!

- Brother le Brett thinks I'm an angel and said he wants to adopt me. Its a good feeling to be loved.

- We saw this double decker layer bus with Christmas lights on it and a wreath on the front and it drives around town to see all the lights in Petaluma.

- We discovered a new and happy CD. The Strength of Youth CD. Lovin it.

- A scarf in Spanish is called a bufanda. That's totally a black girl name and makes me want to wear a bufanda every day!

- My happy song by Hall and Oats, "You Make my Dreams Come True" was playing in the store following the broken umbrella soaking wet incident.

No comments :

Post a Comment