Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Double Double

So due to the absolute craziness of my life here in Petaluma, I failed to Awkward/Awesome ya last week. My bad! But now you get double the goodness! Yum!

Awkward:

- Sister Facer tried to pay for groceries with her library card

- At dinner with the Harmons, Bro. Harmon told Stephen to go get Charlie. Who is Charlie? Don't worry just a huge snake that I held!

- The Spanish Elders didn't realize that Sisters were living in the apartment so they knocked on the back door and freaked us out.

- Saw a guy running in a toga and a headlamp in the middle of the day.

- We smashed a spider on our wall and were too lazy to clean it up so now we have spider guts on our wall.

- We were so tired we couldn't stop laughing for the prayer.

- There was this stupid cat sitting right outside the car meowing while we were parked and making calls. My window was down and I thought it was going to jump through into the car.

- There is a truck that honks at us every morning during our run and we cannot figure out who it is.

- I almost got hit by a car while running. But I didn't, so we're good!

- Miguel Sandino is very white considering his name.

- Sister Facer forgot her name tag and didn't realize until we got to the half mission conference with a General Authority. She borrowed Elder Foyston's extra one.

- Woke up super early for ward council, and when we got to the church there was no one there. Yep that's right, no ward council.

- We got laughing so hard we both peed our pants a little. No bueno.

- Sister Facer found a bug in her dinner.

Awesome:

- Sister Dixon, the Relief Society Pres already loves us and gave us two referrals the first day.

- Camden Bushey's 5 year old prayer was the most precious thing I have ever heard in my life!

- I asked Hadley Bushey how the Nephites gained strength over the Lamanites and she said, "They shooted 'em!" I think I like the family ward.

- In District Meeting we played time trial 42 principles, and I got to the finals against Elder Richins.

- Started a prank war with the Spanish Elders.

- Got an actual appointment with Rick and Beth and Sister Dixon has been fasting for us.

- Hermana Anderson's favorite animal is an owl and she is an English major at Utah State. Obviously we were meant to be friends.

- Part of our Relief Society lesson was decorating a sugar cookie. Don't worry it had a purpose and it wasn't until the end. It was actually a really good lesson.

- Sister Dixon says we are rockstars because we got a less active to come to church who hasn't been in 4 years!

No comments :

Post a Comment