Probably one of the hardest things for me to have is patience. Right now the word defines my life. At least for 33 more days. I have been absolutely climbing the walls. And since my hand surgery, I haven't been able to do much to distract me. I was venting and complaining (probably more of the latter) to my good friend James. And what I got, wasn't what I expected. James shared some wisdom from his mission president, and I'm going to share it with you.
Being optimistic in the face of opposition creates opportunities.
Wowed me. Because patience is my opposition, and optimism hasn't exactly been my attitude.
I was reminded of this message by President Deiter F. Uchdorf, and how he said, "Patience means delaying immediate gratification for future blessings." Not just my blessings. But for the people I teach. For my companions. Patience is faith, and I've been lacking. I've been so fearful of leaving my comfort zone, and of missing people who don't even realize how much he'll be missed. I've been scared of not being able to call my mom on a rough day. Or not getting along with companions. I haven't been having faith. I haven't been choosing optimistic.
"Men are that they might have joy" Joy is coming, in fact it's here now if I'll choose it. So I guess what I'm trying to say at this ghastly late hour, is that somehow being reminded that optimism is my choice, and that by choosing it, I'm choosing faith, and I'm creating opportunities for blessings. Somehow tonight those 3 O's turned patience into peace, and this buzzy brain can get some sleep.
Thank you James Robert Baird.
No comments :
Post a Comment