Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Good Bye 2010

New Year's usually ranks pretty low on my holiday radar. Like it would outweigh Arbor Day, but it has nothing on St. Patrick's Day. What I'm saying is New Year's isn't really a big deal for me. I think this is because I'm acutely aware of time's passing. I have this cataclysmic fear of time. There is never enough of it. Like sand in an hour glass, I can't hold on to it. I can't make it stop. It is unbearable. And I blame this inability to freeze the here and now on a holiday that magnifies this fear. One day, one moment that changes a mere integer. It's silly really. But New Year's I dislike nonetheless.

However today I'm actually excited. Because this year is 2011. And 11 always brings me good things. This year is new. A fresh page without any marks on it. And I need a clean page. Good riddance 2010!

But before I go casting off 2010, I need to thank it. Thank you year two thousand and ten. You were tough. But together we went through a lot. You and me. I found myself. Experienced happy and sad alike. Made some very hard decisions. Grew in a lot of ways. Lost myself. And in you 2010 is where I came so close to a dear friend. One who listens to me. Who loves me. He helps me. He is always helping me. And I love Him. So when He talks to me, I listen. He's been talking a lot lately. So I have to be quiet. He's telling me very important things. So even though I wouldn't categorize 2010 as the best year ever, I did learn. Thanks for the knowledge 2010. I never want to repeat you.

No comments :

Post a Comment