Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Updated and Long

Today my cataclysmic fear of time made a short appearance. The short kind that is more of a reminder than a fright. He was just popping in to say, "Hey it is almost November, do you know what comes after November?"

Yes I do. His name is December and he'll be here before I know it. And do you know what I was thinking up last December? You forgot?! I thought you might. 52 my forgetful friend! But I didn't forget, not I. So let yourself be updated.

1. Run in the Race for the Cure for my Aunt Wendy I told you about it, I even posted pictures.
2. Read the Book of Mormon cover to cover - This one will be done. I promise we're getting there.
3. Go to the temple every week during the summer I missed two weeks, but I'm counting it.
4. Start filling out my mission papers (this one is subjective) BONUS POINTS! Let's change that start to a finish and call me awesome!
5. Sew myself a new item of clothing I truly hate pleats. Truly.
6. Learn a new song on the piano - I can't even claim to have tried
7. Read 15 books
8. MAKE A WISH ON 11/11/11 AT 11:11! - CANNOT WAIT, but what should I wish for?
9. Try all 31 flavors of Baskin Robbins ice cream (just literally this time) - Literally isn't going so great, but figuratively seems to be chugging right along.
10. Go on a carriage ride - Can a hunky man please make my day? Please?!
11. Make paper boats and race them down the gutter I'm counting this, and I'm cheating. Cameron made the boat. It was a pond not a gutter, and I fed ducks while the boat sank.
12. Get a nice tan line Mexico is great in that regard
13. Fly a kite out of the back of a car - For some reason no one seems to think this would be as great as I do. If only Shay were here, it is almost like a zucchini
14. Get a scholarship Bonus points round two! A pell grant is better than a scholarship. No essay required. Just no funds.
15. Buy an entirely new outfit for under $15 - Madison, a shopping trip is in your near future.
16. Have a Lord of the Rings marathon - Who wants to spend A LOT of time with me and a tv?
17. Watch a Disney movie every day for a week - Attempted. Failed.
18. Learn how to say "hello" in 5 new languages - I say goodbye to my mama in different languages all the time. Do you think that counts?
19. Rake a big pile of leaves and then jump in them - Good think Logan fall is prime!
20. Get a new lunch box and pack a lunch in it every day for a week - When you're home at lunch time every day, packing a lunch loses appeal.
21. Go a whole day without using electricity - Most of a whole day. My Bryce trip was camping, but we did have a car, and I did make us stop for indoor plumbing which included an electrified building. So mostly no.
22. Plan and participate in a service project - Fail.
23. Play hide and seek in Ikea Got lost in Ikea, kind of the same thing.
24. Write in my journal once a week - Yes, but I won't check prematurely.
25. Fry an egg on the sidewalk (is that even possible?) - This opportunity has passed. Last I checked eggs don't fry at negative Logan temps.
26. Wear a different "do" every day for a week
27. Plant a tree on Arbor Day - Sometimes Nate gets really excited to plant a tree with me on Arbor Day, and then he gets really busy and can't, and no one else will plant with me, and I get dumped the night before so I don't feel particularly tree planty, so no tree gets planted. I'm over it.
28. Go tandem bike riding Twice, my friends. Twice. And I even crashed it and almost killed my date so good job me.
29. Start a stamp collection Started and lost it. Eh.
30. Take more pictures - This one is kind of hard when you are camera-less. Please don't judge.
31. Bring a reusable bag to the grocery store - Nona, your thoughts?
32. Hike to Timp Cave (I've lived here for 14 years and never done it) Check it:

33. Watch the sunset, then stay up all night and watch it rise the next morning
34. Learn how to whistle I tried so hard. I tried to whistle while waiting in every line at Disneyland. I even asked Kyle to teach me on It's a Small World, and my mouth is just not meant to whistle :(
35. Paint my nails at least 20 different colors All of the sudden I'm a nail painting fiend. I blame Winona.
36. Wear matching socks seven days straight For you mom, I did.
37. Pay the Nook and Cranny a visit Well, well, well, what do we have here?

38. Learn to decoupage - I don't even want to learn to decoupage. Why is this on here?
39. Dress up for a movie premier Gryffindor/Death Eater... Yes it happened.

40. Build a sand castle I played in the sand in Mexi-land, and I made that rhyme so it's fine. (aka I'm cheating again and poeming about it)
41. Go to a wedding (at the rate people are getting engaged, I'll probably go to like 50) Tammy, Kyle & Heidi, Lindsey, Nate & Alex, more to come.
42. Declare a major! So old news!
43. Sleep under the stars Camping in Bryce completely counts. Completely.
44. Pop popcorn over a fire
45. Make an elevator ride more awkward I feel like everything I do is awkward, especially when I'm trying to make small talk with the old man reading Kite Runner.
46. Volunteer at Primary Children's Hospital - Want to hear an annoying story? I applied to volunteer and they told me they didn't have enough room for me until the Fall. That doesn't really work when you don't live there in the fall. And who says no to a volunteer?! Ba-humbug.
47. Solve a Rubik's cube - I haven't done this yet, but I have gotten really good at Angry Birds which is kind of the same level of complexity.
48. Knit a hat or scarf
49. Play in a fountain
50. Visit an art museum And a fancy nancy one in Vegas at that!
51. Have a marshmallow fight - Alvaro and I had a licorice fight. They are both sugary and fun to throw at people.
52. Make a new list

You are a champion for reading through all of this. I never realized how many silly things happen in not even a year. I have a fun life, just so you know.

P.S. I'm sorry this is so long, it is called Insomnia.

1 comment :

  1. DI trip in our future? Yes please. And your stamps are in my room. Most of them...

    ReplyDelete